SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

Tempest,
I chuckled on your comment about not being "rabid"....I was trying to think of a nice way to say that Sabre really does have one of the most loyal followings around, but then I remember the comments from the CAL, C&C, Pearson, etc owners who all love and support their boats (as they should!).
Yes, you've hit on the concerns of the traditional layout perfectly (don't understand the loss of water tank with Dinette comment since I don't know the Sabre setup....Can you explain that one? Does it apply to other Dinette boats (other manuafacturers) from that time period?
Dining on the deck is what most do. The table will probably be used in the evenings or on long sails when the Mom and daughter get bored or need some coloring book time and the table gets pulled out (or puzzles, whatever).
I thought the MKII's moved the shower aft, but last night looked at sailboatdata.com and saw I was mistaken, obviously thinking about another manufacturer (one of them moved the head aft in a later 34' configuration I think, but since we've talked about so many boats, don't remember which one it was).
I do know that the MKII is supposed to be "faster" than the MKI, and I do appreciate your information on the MKI.....the idea of "boats my size running away from me" may move the MKI down a bit lower down, but not out as they are wonderfully made and known for outstanding quality, maintain their value....a good thing for a used boat.
I have to give it to Catalina, with the Dinette layout, the aft head (I mentioned the shortened salon that was visually challenging)....they seem to have a pretty darn good package, Pearson 33-2 and 34-2 have this layout too...it's nice but a dinette boat with a forward head is still ok. Funding may drive the very traditional setup, and I just live with it.
I'll keep you on my list of very nice persons who offered me the opportunity to sail on their boats - thank you.

I will not limit my thanks to only offers of sailing, I continually want to thank everyone for their help on this thread.
Rob
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Robcooper0767 For This Useful Post:
dvuyxx (08-23-2013)