SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
Re: Test in Sweden, open yard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Don't need excuses regarding your opinion but the fact is that a Salona 38 with identical specs of a Solaris 37 is a considerably faster boat and they have it, I mean Carbon rig, deep draft and epoxy, not to mention that it cost almost half the price.

You have on the North of Europe a famous Salona 37 (same hull) that have been racing at top level with great results. You will not be able to do that with a Solaris 37.

Have a looK:

?Feelgood? Salona 37 new ORCi European Champion! - Salona Yachts

Salona 37 won silver medal at ORC World Championship - Salona Yachts

and one big one more, just 4 days ago:

Öresund regatta: Team Feelgood Martin Nilsson i Salona 37 vinner Tjörn Runt

That's the boat:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8180676&type=3

There are more Salonas 37 competing at top level and winning, between them Lenco. Not a chance there for the Solaris...Yes I know, it was not made to compete at top level and it is only a relatively fast boat, not a fast boat...what can I say...I like fast boats.

Not saying that the Saloris 37 is not a great boat with a luxurious interior but in what regards myself I would prefer to buy a top Salona 38 and a brand new roadster for the price I would pay for the Solaris, or just spend the difference eating lobster and drinking champagne for the rest of my cruising days...but I am not a rich guy.

Regards

Paulo
Yes, I know the guy driving the feelgood Salona 37 pretty well. Former neighbour and same sailing club. I saw him winning the big Tjörn Runt competition you posted a video about and mentioned, last weekend.

Good looks comes at a price is an often used phrase. I can shurely say that having seen the Solaris but not yet the price list, I can imagine some high amounts in it.

Regards,
Anders

Last edited by JAndersB; 08-21-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook