SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau Attalia
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013
Not quite Senior Member

Waymar83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Waymar83
Re: Jeanneau Attalia

On another note, I'm planning the sail over (and back) to St-Lucia in 10 days. Its about 110 miles Port to Port one way. About a 18hr sail one way and about 26hrs back. I've sailed it back once, in a slightly smaller boat (a Hunter 30) so no worries there as long as we have a weather window.

I'm looking at all the systems on board and what I need to change-improve-add as this is a more serious hop over. I really only have very basic stuff onboard: VHF, compass, handheld GPS, paper charts. This is not coastal cruising. Its a little more serious. I'll buy an epirb and borrow a liferaft and sat phone. I'll be adding jacklines for the passage and we all have self inflatable PFDs and harnesses.

I need to check the reefing lines which have had little use. Do any of you have pictures of how you reef the main as well as how all the lines are used on the mast. I rigged them about three years ago but I have the feeling the previous owner got mixed up with some of the lines and left it like that. fro example, I have no lines leading aft from the starboard side. The only two lines I have coming from the mast are the Genoa and main halyards.

I've read a number of posts here and the cruising forum about minimal equipment etc for a safe passage but I'm really looking for specifics for a boat our size.

Waymar - Jeanneau, Attalia
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook