SailNet Community - View Single Post - A gathering of Cabos' on the Bay
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

aa3jy is on a distinguished road
Re: A gathering of Cabos' on the Bay

Hi Leslie and Clayton,

I have been meaning to write since early July and here it is the middle of August. Wow…just want to thank you both for graciously hosting the Cabo Rico rendezvous. You two are an impressive team! The food was fabulous, the company perfect and the marina and anchorage were beautiful. I love the rope mat you made for us. I don’t know how I lived without it on the boat. I am so glad you introduced me to flat iron steak…it has been the summer meat of choice for the grill! I don’t know if your gazpacho recipe is a family secret, but if it is sharable -- I would love to have a copy. It was absolutely the best gazpacho I have ever eaten.

Richard and I had a great adventure on our bay cruise. Once we left your anchorage; we sailed to Chestertown, Baltimore, Annapolis, West River, Crisfield, Kilmarnock, Great Wicomico, Yeocomico, Smith Creek at Point Lookout, St Mary’s River, Breton Bay and back to Colonial Beach. We motored by Thierry leaving the West river one morning. A Cabo Rico on the water is a beautiful sight. I got my chipped tooth fixed in Chestertown! There are so many places we did not have time to go to. I need to take a whole summer off….not possible yet, but I am dreaming and scheming.

Hope your summer has been wonderful. Just wish our boating season was longer! So wonderful to meet you both.

Robyn Joiner

S/V Buiochas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook