SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013

Robcooper0767 is on a distinguished road
Re: Tartan(s), Sabre, Pearson(s), C&C(s), Catalina(s) - "Chesapeake Draft"

Tempest,
Thanks for clarifying....I must be getting old and need additional explanation
but I've got it now. I really appreciate the added info on wood, handrails, etc...it's just all good to know and note it to look at (to the best of my ability) and for a professional surveyor.
Everyone agrees that these are really great boats and again, thanks for pointing out things I should think about. ie. the table down/access to head.

Funny, never thought of that issue, and as I look at the specs/drawings of boats I'm considering on sailboatdata.com, I realize that MOST of them, with table down, do not have ready access to the midships head. It's not a dealbreaker in anyway, really, but it's funny how you don't realize these things until your underway and it becomes painfully obvious when the table is set for 3 or 4 and someone needs to hit the head.......what a "ha ha" moment! And, why most of us eat in the cockpit anyway...it's usually prettier.
Right now, I'm trying to figure out, should this issue with my P30 be resolved in a timely manner and I start to visit prospective boats, how I do that when so many I see are in New England and Michigan (most of them are!)......
Passeggiata - Pearson 30, #644
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook