SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Really, washing eyegalsses is a matter of life or death??? Come on... what that indicates is just the depth of petty b.s. to which they did sink, be it technicaly their prerogative to do so,.. it is still petty. And the fact that Jane brings it up herself shows me how incredibly blind she is to how something like that is perceived.

Guy is sailing to Hawaii with you for 2 weeks. Let him have a couple ounces of water to wash his glasses. He wasn't taking a shower.
Those were the rules of the boat. He abides by them or finds a different ride. If she said he had to wipe his butt with one square to conserve paper, then he better dang good and well wipe it with one square.

But in one hand he is worrying about the water, and in the other he is rising off his glasses in fresh water? Toss the glasses overboard. They aint required racing equipment.

On our boat, we often keep a sink with a bit of water in the bottom for little things like this (and also to collect water that can be used later in rinsing off plates or other items). If he just let it run down the drain, it makes you wonder??

Again, I am not saying that he did this. What I am saying is that it aint his boat it is his ride. On matters like this, I don't see why you dont just deal with it. This wasn't marriage for gawds sakes. It was a couple of weeks.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook