SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Brian

I have no dawg in this fight. I cannot say who is to blame. My point is just this

were there even consistent rules to obey? Does it not sound like the rules changed as they went? A bit punitive? You think Jane sat RD and Jake down and explained to them at the dock that they must never use water on eyeglasses? and stipulated windex! Ha! We are talking about Jane's account here, so lets keep to it- she said there was plenty of water. Then she/ or they denied RD the necessity of cleaning his glasses. I say its petty and shows the poor leadership they had.

You may have your rules and you may enforce them on your boat. But I personally doubt that you would throw a sketchy crew in a sketchy situation into such a panic and provoke them, just to be vindictive. It seems like a stupid thing to do. I read your blog and I don't see that... I see intelligence and the opposite personality from Jane.
That was very nice and thank you.

But hey, I sail with kids. I have the final say with my crew no matter what - with the 'Don't Make Me Get Your Momma'!!! I suspect you may be right that they did not sit down with them and discuss matters. As I said before, this trip fell apart at the dock. But who really knows? THe crew and owners know. We are just guessing. Darn shame though. It could have been a blast.

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook