SailNet Community - View Single Post - Water Useage/conservation Cruising
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: Water Useage/conservation Cruising

My 400 litres/100 gallons lasts me (alone) about 3 months. If I restricted it I could easily get 4 months.

When there were two of us we were using too much water so bought spray bottles to have at every faucet..

I also plumbed salt water into the sink with an electric pump.

All washing of dishes is with salt water and then a spray with a spray bottle.

Any shower on a long passage you can use as much fresh water as you want! --- as long as all the fresh comes from spray bottle. You wrist falls off from pumping before the water runs out. But its a good enough shower at sea and can be had every day. (thats .5 to .75 of a litre).

Currently I have not filled with water for 4 months and have one tank full. The other must be pretty close to empty but I do have a rain catcher on it!

For showers in port, I have one every day, I have a solar 2.5 gallon plastic water bag. I fill it about half full. I have glued up about half the holes in the nozzle. (Its just made me remember I didnt refill it this morning and need a shower this afternoon! Damn! LOL)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook