SailNet Community - View Single Post - Datamarine Dart
Thread: Datamarine Dart
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Datamarine Dart

I have a Datamarine Dart on my boat. When we left Rock Hall on Saturday, the unit worked fine and we used it to help ensure we had proper scope for the anchorage we selected.

The next day, when we went to power up the unit, it buzzed/alarmed incessantly and wouldn't stop. We were underway at the time, and I just assumed it was buzzing because it couldn't get a good baseline reading while we were moving. The third day, we tried again and it still kept on alarming. Does anyone have the manuals for the unit or know where I can get more information?

I also am trying to find out the frequency the depth sounder uses. I have a Garmin 440S with a thru-hull transducer, and want to make sure they aren't going to be incompatible with each other (i.e., throwing off competing signals at the same/similar frequencies).

In the end, I may end up ditching the Dart, but it seems like a handy piece of back-up electronics if I can get it working properly. Any help diagnosing the problem or finding copies of the old manuals would be greatly appreciated!
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook