Thread: Shameless plug
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough
Re: Shameless plug

There may be no "I" in "team" but there is only one "U" in "It's your problem."
Love that quote!

Been there, done that Brian. My hard buoy story just might be more stupid than yours but I am not as brave as you are about baring my (stupid) soul to the nattering Nabob's of this cyber swamp. It also happened on someone else' boat, so I really can't say...

We race our Tartan 27' on the Hudson River and use navigational buoys as race marks all the time. This means that we are often trying to go around these red, rather large, metal buoys as close as possible; usually with an almost 2 knot current running. So far we've missed taking the paint off the buoys but we did once snag the racing buoy that marks the end of the finish line. We did not do any penalty turn(s). Now I know what RAF is in PHRF scoring lingo: retired after finishing. The worst part of it was that you get no finish time and are scored as if you had not raced at all: dnc = did not compete.

I enjoy making a nice, tight rounding of one of our big boy navigation marks but you really have to be able to see under the jib to pull it off. Time for a "window" in that big 160% genoa of yours?

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook