SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Here are a few photos just to emphasize that Brent and I work in entorely different worlds. Two of these pics show the PSC 62' ketch having some paint tests done. It will be a black hull. The other two pics show the 62' Sliver Project keel finally attached to its bulb and the owner's son Derek standing next to the dainty and beautiful stern.

Note the reflections in the black hull test. I like shiny boats.
Bob, I assume you also give the owner a rotary polisher and instructions on how to use it (for the Term Of His Natural Life) as a launching-day gift??

That reminds me of a famous quote from another designer, almost as well-known as yourself:
"One day I shall have two boats exactly the same. I shall sail in one and look back at the other to extract the last ounce of pleasure from my labour. And if it happens that I cannot have two lovely boats and become bitter, I shall sail around in the ugliest of boats I can find, looking at everyone else's nice boat, whilst they have to avert their gaze from mine."
I know many people who have taken his advice - but without all your shiny boats for them to look at, it kinda doesn't work...

Last edited by Classic30; 08-25-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook