SailNet Community - View Single Post - How long (reasonably) does a tank of CNG last?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013
TROUBLE

RTB is on a distinguished road
Re: How long (reasonably) does a tank of CNG last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glymroff View Post

I realize that filling the tank would be in MD, Virginia, and Miami, w/ no fill up in the bahamas.
We re-filled our tank in Nassau. Nassau Harbor Club offers next day service. Cost less than $20.00 for a 12# tank. Just let the lady in the office know, pay her, and leave the tank downstairs at the worker's area. There will be other tanks waiting.

Also- In George Town.....•Island Gases; 242-357-0245. Clarence; brings the propane truck to the S shore of Lake Victoria on Wednesdays during the cruising season. This may change if the truck is being refilled. Announcements are made Wednesday mornings during the Cruisers Net on VHF Ch-72 about the truck being available.
•Forbes Enterprises; just S of Exuma Market in George Town. Drop off tanks and pick up next day+; they transport tanks N to be filled and charge for this service.
•Nixon's at airport.
•Note: Propane is delivered to Great Exuma by shipping the tanker truck to Nassau for refilling. During this process, propane refills are unavailable

Staniel Cay- Isles General Store.

There are probably plenty other places, but just looked for these.

Get the Explorer Charts. All the useful info you will ever need while cruising in the Bahamas.

We just filled our tank here in Georgia, and it wasn't empty. It's one of those Amerigas Tanks, like Home Depot and many other places sell/exchange. Last time was in Nassau, in May. So, easily 3-4 months. Our usage is similar to yours. We don't use the stove though, and that would consume more I think.

I hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Ralph

Water view at low tide | sailing away with R & B
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook