SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013

Minnesail is on a distinguished road
Re: Mutiny at Dawn - Transpac Race 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
Oh boy... I can see it now - "What do rich business owners do with their money? They buy boats they can't sail and pretend they are Captain Bly. We hopped aboard a sailboat in California headed for Hawaii in a race called the Transpac, where million dollar yachts are the toys of billionaires. Here's our story..."
I don't think that's their style. They take shots at Exxon and Dow Chemical and the government, not small business owners. And I'm fine with that, Exxon could stand to be taken down a peg or two.

I think he's probably a funny/crazy guy who had the bad luck to end up on a crazy/dysfunctional boat.

"Jacques grew up in Arizona and began sailing (elsewhere) as a teenager. Since then heís sailed on five oceans and a few lakes. He recently obtained a US Coast Guard masterís license and is ASA accredited to teach basic sailing, coastal cruising, and bareboat chartering; he also teaches sailboat racing. In his spare time, Jacques makes movies and runs environmental activism workshops at NYU, where heís a professor."
HRCS Crew Hudson River Community Sailing

If you're in New York and want to check him out, you can hire him to captain a day cruise:
Captains

This doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's out to take down the sailing.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook