SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailable projects?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013
Dinkin' Around

Grunthrie is on a distinguished road
Re: Sailable projects?

c witch: thanks, good info! I am also intending to be as cruiser-ly as possible in a small keelboat. That's why I like the idea of a propane stove and fridge for long weekends.

tqa: thanks for pointing out the 'structural' issue, hadn't really thought of interior walls in glass boats as being load bearing. I am definitely looking for a boat I can enjoy the topsides of while I'm putting the inside together. Great article, bookmarked it!

Alex: Thanks, I really appreciate both your posts; honestly, if I can get into a boat for ~$2k (I would definitely offer less than the craigslist price for a boat I have been monitoring for a couple months online and in person) I am okay with spending ~$8k over the next couple years and never recouping it back, especially if I learn how to maintain my next boat better in the process. What about propane isn't safe in a ~22' boat? As long as the tank is above deck in a vented compartment and the gas line is sound wouldn't this be a convenient way to modernize the cooking and cooling systems?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook