SailNet Community - View Single Post - A harrowing tale from Cape Scott
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013
Break, curse, fix, repeat

bwindrope is on a distinguished road
Re: A harrowing tale from Cape Scott

Thanks Faster. I guess I think that this is one of those things where you don't know what you're missing until you change. Humans got along pretty well without telephones for a few thousand years...and we cruised all over with our CQR for years too. But having made the change to the Mantus, I can't believe the difference. I think it is not often that anchor holding is a real issue, and that you can get by with most anything in many situations.

But those aren't the situations that cause us stress as captains. And for those, you want to stay put. To definitively stay put! As for Rocna and Mantus and all that, I don't think there is much practical difference. I went with Mantus because of the concerns with Rocna metal back a while ago and because I liked the whole idea of disassembly, even if I don't often use it that way. But I would expect any of these new designs will perform comparably.

Anyway, good holding to everyone as you voyage along!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook