SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Dragonfly 32/35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr W View Post
Hi Anders,

What last note did you referr to? That the Dragonfly 35 is an option? If this is what you mean, there is a good reason for it: around 100.000 euro... I can get a second hand DF35 for 100.000 euro less than a new DF32. The DF32 is lighter weight, but not by much. The DF35 is a bigger boat and carries more sail. Iīve had discussions during this summer with a DF35 owner (who is also a previous DF920 and DF1200 owner), who went to test sail the DF32 a couple of weeks ago. He couldnīt feel any difference regarding speed. To me, there are other differences that are more significant. If I didnīt have the additional money to buy the DF32, Iīd go for a second hand DF35. But right now, Iīm leaning towards the DF32.

If you want to discuss this further, please pm me!

Kind regards,
Mr W
Please discuss it here.

I think tat the biggest difference between the 32 and 35 is that the 35 has an offshore potential bigger than the one of the 32. The 32 seems to me much of a coastal cruiser while the 35 has bluewater potential. I have noticed that several 35 are used for that purpose.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook