SailNet Community - View Single Post - Holding tank on P26
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013

bblument is on a distinguished road
Re: Holding tank on P26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawingknots View Post
I installed my holding tank[about 20 gallons]on my py26 under the vee birth with the pump out directly above thu the foredeck,the vent just below the rub rail

Thank you for the reply, Sawing. Mine currently has a vented loop between the toilet and the holding bladder; probably left over from the original pre-1977 ban on overboard direct discharge. I do have a pumpout fitting ondeck already plumbed to the bladder, and it's pretty much behind the toilet itself up on deck. I'd like to keep that.

How and where exactly in the v-berth did you mount your tank? Did you build a level platform into the hull? I've got the intake through-hull, my depth sound transducer, and knot meter sender all under the v berth, aft of the fresh water tank. How did you deal with all of that stuff and put a tank in? Do you, by any miracle, have a pic?

Thanks again for the reply.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook