SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cool new android app
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Cool new android app

Did not work on my phone galaxy2. After I tried to register it, it went into some kind of search mode and heated up my pone. I had to uninstall it and reboot the phone to get it to stop.. Apps are no more that I0I0 programs and need full BATA testing before release to the general population. This milk in the face attempt for a great app is shameful. Don’t get me wrong I love Jeff and the team over at Active Captain, but even if offering a free app, there is still an expectation to the end-user.
QA should have to signoff in BATA testing, were Hot fixes could be applied, well before a release date was interjected… Sailors are some of the pickiest people to sell to. We have no money. That’s why we have to fix our own boats. No really, I would have purchased this for around $49.00 or even $79.00 if the bugs were worked out before I watched it fail. Now is probable I will not look at it again. It has already hard wired my opinion. That’s what happens to us older folks. It’s hard to change our opinions once made.
Anyway. Just my 2 cents. Cheers,
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook