SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cool new android app
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Cool new android app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Not likely to use this while sailing but I do see the advantages of using this at anchor to see what friends may be around or to lookup marina info on active captain. I may even use it to identify a nav aid on the water that may be difficult to pick out.

I certainly do to see using the social networking aspect while sailing.

If you do not like it then fine, you do not have to use it but do not disparage others for using it. Yes, we get it, you like to do things the old fashioned way.
Nope, more then happy to use new technology. But you will find, once you get out here that the new technology has it's limitations, and will get you in big trouble in a hurry. Get just a little further away and all the social networking things don't work any more. You actually have to have live, face to face encounters.
Funny I read a business story how the younger generation was having to be trained on how to use the telephone.

There are consultants, charging 1800 bucks a day to coach the younger folks on effective communication skills on the phone and in person.

Yep, some of the old ways still work. Look up once in awhile, you may see the sun set.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook