SailNet Community - View Single Post - Getting standing rigging replaced in Seatte- suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting standing rigging replaced in Seatte- suggestions?

I had really good luck with the CSR yard. Good people. Yard work is expensive though, and there isn't really any yard that specializes in rigging. That's not generally what they do.

That said, you're really better off pulling the mast and doing the work yourself. What I would do if I were you is befriend someone at Shilshole that has a key fob for the dry storage area. That means you can use their crane to pull your mast.

Pull the mast, take off all the wires, measure carefully, and place your order with RiggingOnly. Reverse the process and sail away with all new rigging.

So.... do you really need new rigging or have you just been spending too much time on SailNet and the fear has started to creep in? Better look at those chainplates while you're at it, they might be waiting to explode. Checked your keel bolts lately???

I guess what I'm saying is that maintenance is good, and important, but don't let yourself get so caught up in the "what if it fails" that you never go out and sail your boat. Replace what needs replacing, but don't get carried away....

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook