SailNet Community - View Single Post - WTH is up w/ the spotlight?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013

Coquina is on a distinguished road
Re: WTH is up w/ the spotlight?

I have owned powerboats and run them at night at speed. I NEVER used a spotlight or those illegal "docking lights". Yes - they are not legal running lights and are very confusing. I hate it when I see what looks like two stern lights and need to figure out what exactly the boat is really doing. I don't think I even HAD a spotlight on the boats 99% of the time. The idiots that wave the lights around blind me, they blind themselves, and can only see a few boatlenghts ahead of them at most since their night vision is gone. I took pains to have my panel lights dim and my 360 degree white light shielded form shining in the cockpit. I even had a not-really-legal switch to change to a sailboat stern light for going 6 knots up the very dark creek filled with unlit moored boats that led to my slip. I wanted less light for BETTER vision, not those fsking "docking lights". Speaking of which, I have never - not ever - not in 4 different countries - sail or power - ever ONCE needed a light to approach a pier at night. Docking lights my a##
Can you tell I hate those things!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook