SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

I am sure that Oregonian does not need me speaking for him, but in other threads, if I remember correctly I believe he had explained that he has raced his Westsail 32 in a number of Pacific Distance races and had not only won on corrected time, but won boat for boat against some pretty potent competition. If he is whom I am thinking of, at some point, I was directed to an interview article about one of those races in which he describes sail changes and tactics which suggest that his boat is optimized for racing in terms of sail inventory and so on, and he understands how to make her sail to and above her rating.

FWIW; While there is much that I may quibble with him about in my prior discussions with him, I would suggest from prior exchanges, that I have no doubts in his sailing ability and veracity.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook