SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock vs. mooring
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Dock vs. mooring

Second what capta just said!

I was/am fortunate that a floating dock became avail at my boat-buddy's little landing. The marina that surrounds me has slips and moorings. For my mere 27 footer, a slip would be $1750/6 mo season and a mooring is near ta $1250 !!!
Wadda deal! :wtf:
I got the fairway end of the floater for the whole year for slightly less than the mooring for 6 mo !
Power via (self-supplied) extension cable, water for the tank outta a hose from the nearby apt and showers etc. thru a (landing owner's) deal with the big marina. "Sea fan"s are in use during cold WX, so I'll prolly stay "in" all year.
I believe I have the best of both options as above! Not stuck in a piling cage/slip and not forced to schlep the dink back'n'forth. I'm always at the same level at the dock (3'+tidal changes); parked broadside on, so's I can mount the dock-box/steps and load myself, passengers and gear till I'm blue...if I wanna

Hope ya find a site as good as mine! Check CL, local rags and possibly put in a "wanted to rent" ad of yer own. THey're out there, ya just gotta look and wait :'_)

Last edited by deltaten; 08-29-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook