Thread: Malaria
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Malaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by glymroff View Post
No I haven't, but when I go I will.

I will do whatever is the prevailing medical prevention technique at the time.

Malaria is not the flu. I think you should look at it as a risk vs reward problem. I sail w/ a gal who gets motion sickness in a car. She loves to sail. She takes the prescription level med, plus bands. Sure it makes her a little tired sometimes. Yep, sometimes she isn't 100%. But she once didn't take it and hurled for 8 hrs straight.

This maybe is a bad analogy, but I think appropriate. If the side effects are minimal, and allow you to have a cruise through an area w/ out the potential on set of a serious problem, then I think it's worth it. JMHO.
One of the other issues is the long term affect of taking anti malaria medication. Sometimes the cure is just as bad as the bite. Sure a few times might be ok, but for years and years? Not sure. The preventative measures most assuredly. As Zee pointed out Dengue is a much bigger risk factor in Mexico and the same holds true here in SE Asia.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook