SailNet Community - View Single Post - Malaria
Thread: Malaria
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013

Frogwatch is on a distinguished road
Re: Malaria

When I first took my caving buddies to Abaco, we had to take this old cruise ship MV discovery from Lauderdale to Freeport (my boat was there). The ship was crowded with tourists catching rays up in the sun. My caving friends abhor the sunlight and gathered under an awning being bored............until they discovered the tiny access hallways and other supposedly inacessible places.

Later, when we finally got to Marsh Harbor there was a sailboat whose captain kept complaining about a stuffing box leak because nobody could reach it. Never tell a caver that "Nobody can crawl in there" cuz he'll prove you wrong.
Matt went in under the oil pan and Chris over the top of the engine. No problem tightening that stuffing box.

Of course, they are the reason I drove the rental car down that 4wd road to Hole in the Wall lighthouse (30 miles of it). There are caves at Hole in the Wall. We later spent two hours buffing out that old chevy Malibu rental to hide the scratches and dents. On a later trip with my wife, I asked the rental car guy if I could drive one of his cars to Hole inthe Wall and he looked at me like I'm crazy and yelled "HELL NO" and acted like he was gonna hit me.

There are also caves at Little Harbor near Petes Pub, impressive entrances but unimpressive caves.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook