SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

" I suggest that you force Mr. Perry to give you the straight scoop for once, as the source of your ignorance rests squarely on his shoulders."

Brilliant piece of vague. non substantive BS.

Of course the choice of hull matterial of a heavy displacement boat has nothing to do with the boat's performance. Nobody here said that. But your statement is not totally true. If you would like to get technical and accurate, a lightweight hull material on a heavy displ boat would result in more ballast and a lower VCG and many full keel boats coud benefit by more stability. This would result in better all round performance. That's the "straight scoop".

I appreciate the fact that you give me so much power here, I'm flatterred. But I think most of the posters can think for themselves just fine. They are adults. I can't see how anyone here could or would want to "force" me to do anything. That's kind of an angry point of view. Silly too. I think you have some "issues" with me personally. That's your personal problem, not mine. I've never met you and you do not know me. But carry on with your rant. It's fun to keep things stirred up. Your opinions are just that, i.e. your opinions and we all have our opinions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bobperry; 08-30-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook