old guy :)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 8
Re: Dock vs. mooring
Hi all. For me, this was an interesting read. It is funny how one's mind gets set in a certain way. From my personal experience this is what got stuck into my mind:
- power boats
- plugged in for TV, fridge, power stuff
- very social, people sitting on the dock in their deck chairs "socializing"
- (or) the elderly who have trouble getting in and out of a dingy
- people who like to visit one-on-one with others
- people who spend more time "out on the water"
Pretty silly. There were some really good reasons people chose docks that I had never thought of.
We have always had a mooring. Having read all these posts, maybe when I get old, buy a power boat and want TV I might get a slip on a dock (JUST KIDDING!!!!)
We mostly all do it differently for our own reasons.
To the original poster - in most cases you are not chained to either for life, so, you could try both.
This is our mooring.
Irwin Citation 34