"Making the process easier and being serious about enforcement would probably solve the problem."
Good idea, smurph. I'm glad to hear you're in favor of invasion and conquest, please let that buffoon Schumer know bout it so we can save more money by having the troops coming back from the middle east just stop directly in the Bahamas for the pacification project.
We could easily make the Bahamas into a second Puerto Rico and, even better yet, Bahamian sounds a lot like English!
I like it! The advantages are numerous:
1. Our soldiers can get rid of all that desert gear and we could outfit them in Bermuda shorts, flower print shirts, sandals and a straw hat.
2. They could drop their guns and pick up fishing poles.
3. We could replace destroyers and aircraft carriers with Gunboats (gotta keep that military theme going). We could use pocket cruisers for patrol boats.
4. No more soldier deaths or injuries.
5. Reduced defense spending.
6. And of course, lower entry fees for boaters.
It's a win-win-win!