SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cat 25
Thread: Cat 25
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013

tomandchris is on a distinguished road
Re: Cat 25

Afew things to think about. First, the cat 25 is a great little day sailer. For weekends it is going to definetely going to be like camping....and not a big camper! The 27 offers you more room, and the 30 will actually be comfortable. You are right, time to actually get into some boats, with your SO along, and see what will work for you. If she does not like the 25 you won't use it, and if you don't use it you didn't save anything by buying the economical boat.

In your other thread you talk about slips or moorings. Not sure where you are planning on keeping the boat, but the real question will end up being whether either is available where you want it. The days of the long lists to get into slips are still not behind us. If you are in northern Mi. some of those lists are 2-5 years, and moorings availability is few and far between.

You may want to do some checking in the area and get on the lists if you are serious. If they call and you say no you just move down the list. I was on some lists for 3 years in GT Bay before I bought my boat, and still had to find a more expensive option till I cleared a list.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook