SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cat 25
Thread: Cat 25
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013
Stupor-user.

SHNOOL is on a distinguished road
Re: Cat 25

The catalina 25 is is a fantastic overnighting boat. Setup and configuration 2-3 times a year is easy enough to keep it from being daunting, and can be a very stable boat to sail, and pretty forgiving...

As for "aren't they all about the same." Where to start...
The Capri 25 (my Catalina 25), there is NO headroom, it looks like a pregnant J 24, it's light years faster (than the regular catalina 25, Hunter 25.5, and even the Catalina 27), and very sprightly... The downside? there is NO headroom (just enough to sit up)... just a sink and a porta pottie are the standard on the boat. It'd be like TENT camping whereas the Catalina 25 is more like trailer pop-up camping, or small RV trailer.

Each brand has it's loyal followers... but I strongly suggest before you buy a Catalina 25, you dig through the archives (and sign up for free) over at the Catalina 25 association. Catalina - Capri - 25s International Association

Truth in advertising (and I am not advertising mind you as I get NOTHING out of doing this, and the association is a not for profit), I am the Catalina Capri 25 Mainsheet Technical Editor.