SailNet Community - View Single Post - Feedback and questions please...
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Feedback and questions please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0verdrive View Post
I guess that depends on how old the IDs have to be to be considered "obsolete." I joined 5 years ago, and was fairly active for a couple years. Then I had a daughter, and as a result, I haven't been sailing in 2 summers now. (We have a small scow that wouldn't be safe for my daughter, and I haven't been able to justify leaving my wife and daughter at home while I go to the lake for the day.) That said, my daughter is getting old enough that within a few years I should be able to get a boat that I can take her and my wife on, and things are looking up - so I started checking out sailnet again a few days ago. And I was glad to find my account still here!

(In short, two years' absence does not necessarily mean we won't be back. 5? Maybe...)
yea, there could be emails sent out asking if they wanted to keep them active, but I imagine they will be kept as it pumps up the stats. (Bigger # of registered users is attractive to advertizes)

How about getting rid of the Contributing Publishers as none seem to be used much. Especially Lats and Atts, as it does not even exist anymore. Cruising World has not had a post since 2012 and Practical Sailor since 2011.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook