SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is it time to boycott the Bahamas?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Is it time to boycott the Bahamas?

"I would have to eat at McDonalds, because they put the wonderful Lorraine's out of business." I distinctly recall seeing McFranchises all over Freeport well more than a decade ago. Seeing all those old familiar names, somehow takes the fun out of traveling for me.

But Julie...Bermuda shorts? You know, some folks would say that giving back NAS Bermuda was almost as great a mistake as giving back the Panama Canal. And not so easy to hop over for the weekend.

Doubling the entry fee for the size of the boat sounds more like someone couldn't figure out math beyond "the two's table". What, like it costs twice as much to inspect a 36' boat as it does a 25' boat, with the same number of souls on board? Or, un/like a drive-in theater, we're gonna start charging for each passenger in the car instead of for the carload?

They're just damn lucky Robert Moses died before he could retire to Florida. He'd have built a bridge over with a six-lane highway, and wreaked havoc out there.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook