SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
As you can see, they are in perfect condition, with zero wear or corrosion after 29 years , and many Pacific crossings. If you want "shiny" you can do it in minutes with a brillo pad on a grinder. That has never been a priority for me. I prefer to concentrate on structurally and functionally sound. I have no interest in impressing anyone but the practical.

Thanks for posting these Smack. They make my point.
No worries, Swaindaddy. Actually, I think what this shows more than anything is your definition of "perfection". It's much, much narrower than the typical interpretation of what most would even remotely consider "perfect". So this was a very good exercise. Now the 99%-er can have a clear illustration of what you mean by "the perfect yacht": a floating tractor.

How about some more photos of your boat so we can see more perfection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
In fact, all too often, their response to such issues is often ridicule and obstructionist disinformation. Unless one has unlimited funds, they would be wise to steer clear of such designers, and their "advice".
Just to be clear, I only ridicule and obstruct disingenuous knuckleheads. And I have unlimited funds to do so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 09-02-2013 at 01:11 AM.