SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013

JAndersB is on a distinguished road
oceanis 38

Paulo,
Instruments not calibrated but yes, taken into account the shitty sails, the hull seems very easily driven. Gelin, the journalist, test sailed same morning against the new Allures 39,9 and even if that perhaps is not the fastest on the water, the Oceanis was clearly faster.

Beneteaus First line, along many other yards performance lines, have for a long time had very traditional, unpractical and dull interiors, for my taste. At the same time the more interesting Oceanices has alwys had very unpractical rigs and hardware. Strange, the more unexperience oriented the yachts are, the more difficult they are to sail. So I agree with Gelin, put better rig and deck hardware on this hull and you get something interesting. Not perhaps a Pogo or Opium but pretty close and loaded with crusising gear boats does not plane anyway. Naturally nothing to compete on a race course with but a nice, modern cruiser with similar ballast ratios as many others but a more sexy hull and a remarkable interior. And finally some decent hull windows in the right places...

I found the new Maxi 1150 on seilas.no.

Regards,
Anders

Last edited by JAndersB; 09-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook