SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'll spec a few of Swain Blocks on Kim's boat. I'll surprise him. He's going to be soooooo happy when he sees them.

Brent: I'm not sure why you take so much trouble to tell us your blocks are strong. I don't think any of us doubt they are strong. They look strong. But they don't look like they would belong on one of my designs. For all their stregth they look a bit crude to my eye. But that's probably just me. I'm sure they look fine on your boat.

"those knuckleheads gullible enough "
See, there you go again, You insist on calling people insulting names if they don't do things your way. Can't you be a bit tolerant of the fact that not everyone shares the same aesthetic benchmarks as you do? You'd better get used to it or you'll just keep getting angrier and angrier and your hair will fall out and your dog will bite you.
Saw very similar blocks to mine on the Americas cup contender "Dame Pattie"
The only difference was they were bigger and had holes in the cheeks.
One could make exact copies in minutes for less than $10.
I bet they didn't cost that little . It takes a bigger price tag to convince people of their value. In the consumer religion, that takes priority over logic.
Numbers, over logic, sells!

Sorry for the typo. I went back and put quotation marks around" Knuckelheads" to show it was a quotation of Smack's rebuttal of my logic.

Last edited by Brent Swain; 09-02-2013 at 05:06 PM.