SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello!! Saling newbies from Kentucky!!
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013

imasaluki is on a distinguished road
Re: Hello!! Saling newbies from Kentucky!!

We finally got the boat into the water. We were getting kind of impatient with a three day weekend and all. So, anyways, I got this Nissan outboard off Craigslist for a great price, but it's pissing raw fuel out of the carb. It has to be repaired. But, we didn't let that stop us. We went sailing without the motor. You know, this was a bad idea, lol. The wind was up, the wind was down, we were not familiar with the lake, and we are noobs. First hour or so went great. We were tacking and gybing until our heart was content. Somehow we drifted into a shallower end of the lake while I was sorting a tangled line... my helmslady was my 9 year old. Lots of stumps, trees underwater, etc. This was the end of our motorless sailing fun. Some nice folks in row boats towed us out of the area and we ended our day soon after. At this point, I'm just going to wait until the motor is there to get us out of noob pickles. This, and I'm going to try to recruit some experienced folks nearby who would like to sail on my boat with me for free seat time/drinks. Lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook