SailNet Community - View Single Post - A philosophical divide?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: A philosophical divide?

I prefer to be sailing when I have the time and weather to allow it.

I like to maintain my boat, when I don't have one or the other. Winter is the best time for maintenance, but there are plenty of things that force mid-season care. I will also pay others to maintain the boat, if the task is either beyond my capabilities or would take too much time away from sailing. I keep the cockpit table and some cockpit trim varnished, but the rest goes grey. The balance works for me.

I find that maintaining the ship is the absolute best way to get to know her. You may be the only way to get her fixed offshore, so knowing her is important in my book. I hate to think how well I have gotten to know her so far. If I didn't have to dig into engines, electrical systems, waste systems, etc, I wouldn't even know where half that stuff was behind the panels.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook