SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock vs. mooring
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Dock vs. mooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
Great. Let's compare work boats someday. I'm still running around in a 9' RIB while I breath life into an old Grady-White Chesapeake with an outboard conversion.
I am lucky that I mostly get to utilize club launches when I work on boats of members of yacht clubs.. I use my AB RIB if servicing a customer on a town mooring. The RIB is not ideal but works. Learning to manage what to bring takes time but eventually you get the knack. About 90% of the jobs I do these days I nail in 1 trip... Leaving the boat to get stuff is costly....

I am trying to find a "work boat" right now that I can;

A) Fit my tools in
B) Build a compartment/box that will keep them dry & secure
C) Has good fuel efficiency
D) Self bailer or won't sink with plug out.......
E) Max of 15'-17'

Been watching CL for a while but most of what I find is junk. I will find a good deal over the winter though.. A friend is a diver, works on moored boats too, and has a Maritime Skiff that is perfect but they hold their value STUPIDLY up here in Maine. A Maritime Skiff would be my first choice.. Sadly a complete beater is only a few % off a new hull and they sell in a few days......

Kind of eyeballing 17' Whalers at this point but again they hold value ridiculously.. Also would not mind an Amesbury Skiff or Bristol Skiff.. I do not want a v-hull as our bay can be quite flat and a boat with a flatter bottom uses less fuel...

Heading out to do a very heavy inverter charger right now, and that is awkward stuff to lug......

Despite my discussions with him the customer insisted on a X*****x I/C, to replace the existing failed X*****x I/C, so this will be an annuity for me... I'm sure I'll do it again in a few years...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook