SailNet Community - View Single Post - Twenty miles from Connecticut to Guatamala
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Re: Twenty miles from Connecticut to Guatamala

Hey,

I hear you. However, we were headed to Block Island and I didn't want to head any further west than I had too. While a quiet evening on the hook would have been nice, my wife and kids like to get off the boat and walk around. Orient By The Sea met those needs. The location is excellent, and for the 12 hours or so that I was there is was fine.

It is not a place I would suggest going to as a destination, but for a place to spend a night when you're trying to get somewhere it wasn't bad. Just not that if you have a large vessel it will be a real test of your boat handling skill.

Barry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrafford View Post
Sorry
I don't do docks or restaurants. Nor would I want to be next to a very busy ferry dock.
Go a few miles farther around the point on the way to Greenport. Hang a right up along the beach and drop the hook north of the fish traps. Fire up the grill and have a quiet evening.
Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook