SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock vs. mooring
View Single Post
post #58 of Old 09-03-2013
Mermaid Hunter
Re: Dock vs. mooring

Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
I use my AB RIB if servicing a customer on a town mooring. The RIB is not ideal but works.
Tell me about it. I have my tools and parts split between three SeaLine bags and on a job that needs all three of them there isn't much room left for me in my Caribe L9.

Thus the Grady-White. She's pretty old and worn but once I get done with her she should be a good platform. At 21' she's bigger than I would have like but the price was good.

Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Despite my discussions with him the customer insisted on a X*****x I/C, to replace the existing failed X*****x I/C, so this will be an annuity for me... I'm sure I'll do it again in a few years...
I really try to avoid that brand, especially for cruisers that will have to deal with customer service that ... well ... isn't.

Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I'm curious. Costly for who? You or the customer?
That's a good question. Ultimately it's a judgment question. If I think "I should have brought that" then I don't charge for the trip ashore. If I think "well that's a surprise" it's charged. I carry an awful lot of stuff out, and as MaineSail points out also, there are not a lot of people that come to moorings and boats at anchor.

Originally Posted by Coquina View Post
I did a job for a transient on a mooring and as soon as eaded back to the shop to write up their invoice they slipped the line and left.
I generate electronic invoices on my iPhone and take credit cards or cash. Usually it works. I have liens on two boats that it didn't...

sail fast and eat well, dave
S/V Auspicious
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome