SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advice re: September trip to Block Island and Newport
View Single Post
  #5  
Old 09-03-2013
cthoops cthoops is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Hartford, CT
Posts: 181
Thanks: 13
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 3
cthoops is on a distinguished road
Re: Advice re: September trip to Block Island and Newport

Sal_Paradise: Thanks for the tips re: Pt. Judith.

Tempest: I'll check to see if the beach showers will still be open. It sounds like they would be pretty convenient.

Capta: Our plan is not to leave Groton if there are any worrisome storms brewing, and we'll be sure to check the forecast each day. If things look sketchy then we'll skip Newport and just head straight back to Groton from Block. Definitely better safe than sorry. Fingers crossed that it will continue to be a quiet hurricane season.
__________________
1975 Bristol 24 Corsair
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook