SailNet Community - View Single Post - Late September 9 day Chesapeake Cruise
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Re: Late September 9 day Chesapeake Cruise

We have done the middle and southern Chesapeake 3 times visiting some of the same places each time including Solomon's, Oxford, St Mary's while always throwing in a few new places.

While I found Reedville interesting I couldn't stand the smell from the fish processing plant, but just south is Mill Creek, one of the most beautiful spots on the bay. We took cover there waiting out a storm.

Instead of taking a slip in the town dock in Cape Charles, we went up to kings creek, not recommended. The Marina was great but the channel was long and narrow.

Crisfield is depressing, once a bustling town is seems more like a ghost town. There's a coast guard station there ...no restaurants I saw worth eating. It does offer a ferry to tangier if you want to do something different, or catch a ride on the mailboat.

St Leonard creek is a must.

St Mary's and anchor off the college in horseshoe bend. Should be a lot more to do since the college will be open, we were there in July. The historic town is a interesting visit.

Anyway, those are some of the highlights. I did a couple trip reports I posted here from 2010 and 2009

Last edited by T37Chef; 09-06-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook