SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best Boat Insurance Companies?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Best Boat Insurance Companies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb760 View Post
Honestly, I just purchased the policy today. Once I get the paperwork, I'll post here what the towing facts are.
You bought coverage and don't know what it is?

Given the very low cost, I'm going to bet its pretty limited towing coverage. Probably a combination of a maximum reimbursement, which might barely pay to get the tow boat off the dock, or only applicable in circumstances where the ultimate liability to the insurance company would be higher, such as a potential sinking.

The unlimited coverage from BoatUS, doesn't care how often you call or for what (for the most part). Out of fuel, relocate for certain service, soft grounding, disabled, can't retrieve the anchor (I've seen a stinkpotter do that one). Although, I've often wondered if one would be cancelled, if they called too often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook