SailNet Community - View Single Post - Late September 9 day Chesapeake Cruise
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Late September 9 day Chesapeake Cruise

I stayed in Kilmarnock when I bought my boat in Deltaville. It's a cute town with some neat shops, but I wasn't able to find much in the way of food. Don't get me wrong, it was edible, but I didn't have a meal there that made me want to go back to any of the restaurants.

Deltaville is also a neat place. According to several of the people there, Deltaville has the largest concentration of sailboats on the east coast. It was also the home to something like 30 different ship builders up until the 1980's. The people at Norton's were very nice, as were the people across the river (Deltaville Yachting Center). If you need ground transportation, you won't be able to rent a car in Deltaville; the nearest rental agency is Kilmarnock. I also had trouble finding a taxi that would serve Deltaville.

Another place I'd consider is Urbanna. I hear Urbanna is a very pretty, sleepy town with decent food (not being a chef, good food is a priority for me, can you tell?). Jameswilson keeps his boat there, IIRC.
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook