SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Holy Cow! I just found a BrentBoat - perfect and rust-free, of course - actually under sail in the conditions Brent most prefers for his boats:

Ah, cruising.

Here are the lyrics to the soundtrack:
Well, I have to say that it is a very strong boat. How many boats you could tow like that? LOL

After looking at the video I would say that grounding at slow speeds should not be a problem even with rocks.

I have found some more videos:

I don't like Brent attitude regarding all other type sailboats but obviously he does sailboats that satisfy a small segment of the market. There are some very experienced members on this forum that dream having a Brent's boat. They are strong, cheap (for a steel boat) and with a big voyage potential. If speed and sailing fun is not very important, they seem pretty safe to me and able to go anywhere with a minimum of maintenance. In my opinion they could be nicer without losing any of their attributes, including low price, but it seems that to some beauty is not very important.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 09-04-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook