SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013
Picnic Sailor

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

I know this has been touched on before in this thread, but the great irony here is still that the cost conscious, go small go now, cruiser that Brent appears to be the self appointed poster child for is far likelier to be sailing the oceans in a Perry designed Valiant 40, Tayana 37 or Passport 40 than in a Brentboat.

Yacht design is Bob Perry's profession, he has no obligation or duty to help me, you or anyone else go cruising, he is not compelled at this stage of his career to donate his services to the needy cruisers of the world. He is a designer of yachts who wishes to excel in his craft. No one would criticise an experienced doctor at the pointy end of his profession from working in a leading facility because he wished to be at the forefront of medicine, likewise any criticism of Bob's work is just 'tall poppy syndrome' base level envy and nothing more.

I find nothing wrong with Brent's boats, I have no issue with his approach to life and cruising, I however find everything wrong with the crap he has spun in this thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.