SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Faster:
You were mistaken. I spoke to the owner of WILD HORSES last night and she said they have been in the slip for two weeks. You must have seen another spectacularily good looking boat on the rocks.

Please look more carefully the next time. You scared me. I don't like that.
OOPs... my bad then, apologies to both. We saw the boat at a bit of a distance, a person in the anchorage later told us it was Wild Horses. It was a very similar vessel, similar length, hard dodger, etc. and by the time we walked across the island they'd refloated and moved on.

Anyway happy to hear I was wrong about WH... so the question now is who was it?? Shore tied in Deep Bay, Jedidiah, (too close, obviously) and this would have been on or about August 6th or 7th, not in the last two weeks. And I wouldn't have expected any significant damage, it would have been a gentle landing on the skeg/rudder on a ledge as the tide ran out, the bow was down about a foot with a rising tide at the time we saw whoever it was.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)

Last edited by Faster; 09-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.