SailNet Community - View Single Post - Long Term Cruising
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 01-30-2007
Senior Member
ebs001's Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 2,205
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 12
Until you become a citizen or landed immigrant of another country Canada considers you a Canadian and they will tax any income you make. You cannot be a citizen of the world and will have to file your Canadian income tax each year.
As far as health care you are only allowed to be out of your province for part of a year (Ontario 7 Months). If you are going to be out of the country longer than that you can apply for a once in a life time 2 year extension. You will need this exemption to get supplemantary health insurance for that period.
ebs001 is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome