SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is Sailing Sexist?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMC View Post
Having said that; my daughter was told yesterday in kindergarden that Batman was for boys and why did she have a Batman lunchbox (her pick not ours). So these attitudes of pink and blue are still out there. We just have to do our best to make sure she understands that it is her choice to ignore those that will limit her future. Sometimes I am scared that we "miss" the old ways as a society and are trying to push people back into the rolls that were blurred in the 70-90s. I hope not.

Well he did spend an inordinate amount of time hanging out with sweet wee Robin.

btw ... did you know that up until the Victorian era pink was for boys and blue for girls ? Strange tale but true. No wonder people get confused about their sexuality.

Interestingly enough while me and the Wombet have been known to exchange the odd cross word, and nothing cryptic about that at all, when we have attended classes together we have had zero problems, indeed we become a very effective team.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook