SailNet Community - View Single Post - Speed, log and water temp
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 09-05-2013
Omatako

Re: Speed, log and water temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhall View Post
After five years, I think we need a real Speed / log / and water temp set.

Suggestions?

(Yes, I have a GPS that give me speed over the ground - but I want speed through the water)

I have a Raymarine autohelm and a Garmin chart plotter and a Nexus wind instrument (may as well spread it around - lol)

Leaning toward this but just leaning, have not purchased. (Also - not tied to this store - they just had a good link to it)

Thanks

Rik
The advantage is that your AP will, with a simple plug-in wire, interface with this instrument - good call.

I have the whole (now probably old fashioned, 3 instruments) setup of wind, speed/log and depth hooked to the AP and it all works together. Wouldn't swap.

The SOG function on this unit is also quite cool - you can get button type GPS these days for a few dollars and have the readout on the instrument.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."

Arthur C. Clarke

Follow our adventures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Omatako For This Useful Post:
rikhall (09-06-2013)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome